The Excise, Taxation and Narcotics Control Department provides services for collection of various taxes and duties efficiently and effectively and suggests ways and means for additional resource mobilization in the Province. Apart from building up of taxpayer’s confidence, creation of taxpaying culture and providing facilities to the general public in payment of taxes are the top most priorities.
Enlisted below are the strategies of the department:
- Mobilize fiscal resources through equitable and taxpayer-friendly taxation and customer facilitation, plug in leakages, expand tax base, and rationalize tax rates and exemptions, BPR
- Promote automation and outsourcing of functions and services to ensure IEE, economize and optimize delivery of public services through minimum public and government official’s interface
- Transform HR into professionally sound, motivated team, committed to dispense public friendly services and be a semblance of good governance
- Maximize fiscal space
- Create tax-paying culture
- Improve service delivery
- Improve departmental image
- HR at the central stage of the reform initiatives
- Motivate & provide enabling environments to E and T Human Resource
Maximizing fiscal space by better tax management and judicious use of resources.
"Facilitation of Tax Payers"